With the recent concern nationwide about COVID-19, we’d like to keep you posted about how we are responding at Mosaic Academy. We know that stopping transmission (spread) of the virus through everyday practices is the best way to keep people healthy.
On Tuesday, March 3, Ms. Erica, our school nurse, will visit each classroom to remind students about effective handwashing practices.
We will focus on the following:
*Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
*If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
*Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Adhere to school policy to stay home–and be fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medications before returning to school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.