Careers at Mosaic Academy
School Health Assistant/ Educational Assistant/ Office Aide
Mosaic Academy, 450 Llano St. Aztec, New Mexico
Position Start Date: mid-October, 2019
Please complete “non-certified personnel application” linked below.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESIRED SKILLS
Responsibilities: Provide clerical, health-related and first aid assistance. Provide classroom and office support.
- Administer first aid to students for injuries and illnesses.
- Provide health room coverage during recess and lunch times.
- Perform health-related tasks assigned by school nurse.
- Keep records as directed by school nurse.
- Work closely with school nurse for follow-up of student health problems
- Carry out routine health office procedures including screenings.
- Under school nurse supervision, monitor students taking daily medication at school.
- Keep report of own activities
- Provide intermittent coverage for front desk position and/or classroom support for students, as needed.
- Provide supervision for recesses and before and after school duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills: Applicant will honor and respect confidentiality. Health assistant will establish and maintain positive working relationships with school nurse, school personnel, students and community. Because of the layout of our campus and surrounding areas used to supplement educational opportunities, applicant will need to accompany students around the campus to areas including but not limited to baseball fields, the Aztec Public Library, the Aztec Boys and Girls Club and Riverside Park.
- NM School Health Assistant License
- Current CPR and first-aid certification
- NM Educational Assistant License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work with students or children
- Experience providing health-related support
- Knowledge of clerical work, including computer skills and office procedures
Submit Application to
450 Llano St.
Aztec, NM 87410
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
San Juan College Alternative Licensure program: http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/5921.asp
NM Public Education Department: http://www.ped.state.nm.us/licensure/
**See “FAQ” for answers to Frequently Asked Questions
**See “Licensure Pathways” link for information about requirements for various types of licenses